PMAY: Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awaas Yojana 2022 – Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana Gramin (PMAY-G) or Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awaas Yojana (PMGAY) is a communal welfare program initiated by the government of India with the intention to provide low-cost housing to the people residing in the rural areas of the nation. This program is in harmony with the government’s initiative of providing ‘Housing for all’ by the year 2022.
Features of Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awaas Yojana 2022:
- Modern technology like information communication and space technology are being used to make sure the accurate selection of beneficiaries
- PMGAY combines all of the following schemes together – Aadhaar platform, Skill India and Jan Dhan Yojana, and Make in India. Besides this, the government is also planning to deploy MGNREGA scheme to train and allocate labour
- The Swachh Bharat and MGNREGA amongst other institutions funded toilets for the PMGAY scheme
- PMAY-G beneficiaries are entitled to get 90 days of wage employment in districts under an integrated action plan (IAP)
- Drinking water will be supplied to houses under the PMAY-G scheme by the National Rural Drinking Water program (NRDWP)
- Clean and efficient cooking fuel will be provided to the beneficiaries of PMAY-G
- Solid and liquid wastes of the households under the PMAY-G scheme will be managed
- Several amenities such as bio-fenced steps, paved pathways, road, etc. will be provided to the beneficiaries of the PMAY-G housing
- 1 crore pucca houses are to be constructed for the people of the rural areas in the next three years
- Totally, 4 crore households will be constructed under the PMAY-G scheme by the year 2022
- The estimated total expenditure of PMAY-G is Rs.60,000 crore
- The size of each unit will be revised to 25 square meters. Earlier, the size of each unit stood at 20 square meters
- The funds will be transferred electronically and directly to the beneficiaries
Eligibility Criteria for PMAY Gramin: Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awaas Yojana
- Scheduled Tribes / Scheduled Castes
- Freed bonded labourers
- Minorities and non – SC/ST rural households in the BPL category
- Widows and next-of-kin to defence personnel/paramilitary forces killed in action (irrespective of their income criteria), ex-servicemen and retire Scheme
- The family applying for a loan under this scheme must include a husband, wife and child/children that are unmarried
- The family must not own a pucca house
- The applicant and his family must fulfil the income criteria mandated by this scheme and has to belong to either the EWS (Economically Weaker Section), LIG (Lower Income Group), or BPL (Below Poverty Line) category
- The income of the applicant’s family should be between Rs.3 lakh and Rs.6 lakh p.a.
- Any loan amount above Rs.6 lakh, the interest rate on the additional amount will be as per the market rate
Documents Required for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana:
- Proof of identity:
- PAN card
- Voter ID card
- aar card
- Driving license
- Photo credit card
- Photo identity card issued by the Government
- A letter issued by a recognized public authority that confirms the identity of the customer with a photograph
Proof of address:
- A letter issued by recognized public authority confirming the identity and residence of the applicant
- Rent agreement
- Life insurance policy
- Residence address certificate
- Voter ID card
- Aadhaar card
- Proof of income:
- Last six months bank statement
- ITR receipts
- Salary slips for the previous two months
- Proof of purchase of the property (if applicable):
- Sale deed
- Sale/purchase agreement
Important Links For PMAY – Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
How to Apply For PMAY – Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana 2022:
- Step 1: Visit the official government website belonging to PMAY.
- Step 2: Click on the ‘Citizen Assessment’ option under the ‘Menu’ tab.
- Step 3: An applicant must enter his/her Aadhaar number.
- Step 4: With the successful submission of the Aadhaar number, he/she will be redirected to the application page.
- Step 5: The applicant must proceed to enter all relevant details on this page, including income details, personal details, bank account details and other necessary information.
- Step 6: Applicants should recheck all information before submission.
- Step 7: Once a person clicks on the ‘save’ option, he/she will find a unique application number.
- Step 8: Applicants should, next, download the filled-in application form.
- Step 9: Finally, the person can deposit the form at his/her nearest CSC office or a financial institution offering PMAY. He/she must also submit all necessary documents along with the form.
- Economically Weaker Section (EWS) – Families with an annual income up to Rs. 3 Lakh.
- Low Income Group (LIG) – Families with an annual income between Rs. 3 Lakh and Rs. 6 Lakh.
- Middle Income Group I (MIG I) – Families within an annual income between Rs. 6 Lakh and Rs. 12 Lakh.
- Middle Income Group II (MIG II) – Families with an annual income between Rs. 6 Lakh and Rs. 12 Lakh.
- Women belonging to EWS and LIG categories.
- Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), and Other Backward Class (OBC).
- In addition to the above, beneficiaries can avail the benefits of this scheme by meeting the following few eligibility criteria –
- He/she must not own a house to fulfil the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana eligibility.