Two significant choices have been taken in the Union Cabinet meeting on Wednesday. The focal government has chosen to build the buy furthest reaches of tuwer, urad and lentil from 25% to 40 percent. This will give the ranchers a more exorbitant cost for their dal.
Farmers Will Get Higher Price Of Pulses
An authority proclamation after the Union Cabinet meeting said that the markdown and expanded roof of three heartbeats would urge more ranchers to develop beats by money management more and assist them with getting gainful costs for their produce.
“Moreover, this likewise helps in accomplishing independence of such heartbeats in our country,” the assertion said.
Center’s Decision To Sell Gram At A Cheaper Price Of Rs. 8 To States
- Taking another decision, the central government has also decided to sell 15 lakh tonnes of gram to the states at a cheaper price of Rs 8.
- The Union Cabinet has approved disposal of 15 lakh tonnes of gram at a discount of Rs 8 per kg to states and Union Territories, so that it can be used for various welfare schemes.
- An official statement said on Wednesday, “ Under This Approved Scheme, States/UTs ” have been offered to lift 15 lakh tonnes of chickpeas at a discount of Rs 8 per kg on the issue price of the sourcing state.
- States/UTs will use these pulses for their various Welfare schemes like mid-day meal, public distribution system, Integrated Child Development Programs (ICDP) etc.
30.55 Lakh Tonnes of Gram Available With The Government
- Under the price support scheme, the government has made record purchases of gram during 2019-20, 2020-21 and 2021-22. Due to this, 30.55 lakh tonnes of gram is available with the government under PSS and PSF.
- The gram production is expected to be “good” in the next ravi season as well. Additional purchases are expected from higher production along with increase in minimum support price of gram during 2022-23.